Do you consider yourself a good negotiator? Or, are you being too pushy while negotiating a sale? Nikki says that the person who has the most flexibility in a conversation has the most influence. Think about how you show up to a negotiation. Are you flexible, or do you stick to your guns, not willing to give an inch? Listen, as
“Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.” Nikki shares a story about someone trying to get her business but failed because she was too rigid. Not only was she inflexible, but she also failed in most of the other levels of negotiation. “When you are being pushy and trying to close a sale, things fall apart.”
“The person who has the most flexibility has the most influence.” When you are having conversations with clients, are there places you could be a little more flexible? Listen, as Nikki shares some examples of ways you can be flexible and always look for ways to offer win-win scenarios when negotiating a sale. Being rigid in a sales conversation is never in your best interest.
If you would like some additional resources around sales, please sign up and take advantage of the resources that Nikki has explicitly curated for listeners of this podcast. You can get those by going to www.yoursalesmaven.com/maven.
In This Episode:
- [00:43] Welcome to the show!
- [01:11] Shout out to a review from Birds & Bees & Kids.
- [01:46] Nikki discusses being a good negotiator.
- [02:52] Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
- [03:15] Nikki shares an experience she had with someone trying to sell something to her.
- [04:43] Nikki speaks about a presumptive close.
- [07:57] The meaning of your communication is based on the response you get.
- [10:07] Nikki shares feeling like she was being rushed to decide on a quote that she should have had two weeks before.
- [12:35] When you are being pushy and trying to close a sale, things can fall apart.
- [13:51] Nikki says that when things are not going well, you should never use any type of term of endearment in a sales conversation.
- [16:08] Are you being too pushy when closing a sale? Are you trying to force your agenda?
- [17:16] Nikki shares that being rigid in a sales conversation is never in your best interest.
- [19:48] In your conversation with your clients, are there places that if you could add a little flexibility, would you have a better chance of earning their business?
- [21:01] Nikki shares some examples of ways you can be flexible.
- [22:59] Look for ways to offer win-wins when negotiating.
- [23:29] Thank you so much for listening to the show.
To download free Resources from Nikki: www.yoursalesmaven.com/maven
Ways To Work With Nikki
- Private 1:1 Coaching: tailored specifically to you and your business (most popular)
- Sales Maven Society: sales training & direct access to Nikki in a membership platform
- Master Class: in-person and virtual workshops
- Strategy Session: 50 minute coaching session over Zoom
- Corporate Trainings: team trainings