Focus On This! 2020 Vision
When it comes to sales-related activities do you ever struggle with what to focus on?
There are so many things to choose from, yet there is one thing to focus on that should always be the priority.
My clients often ask for advice on what to prioritize when it comes to sales. One of the first questions I ask my clients and this is something you might ask yourself, “What is bringing revenue into the business right now?”
A few more key questions are:
- Do you know which aspects of your business make you the most money?
- Where are you getting the biggest bang for your buck, ads, speaking, webinars, etc?
- Is there a particular area of your business you’d like to grow?
- Are you spending time each week focused on making sales?
- Do you track your sales daily, weekly, monthly or are you just guessing?
Focus On This First
When my clients ask me what they should be doing or focusing on, my answer is always, “Revenue generating activities first”. It’s too easy to get caught up in the fun stuff like your website, graphics, memes, etc. However, if a good portion of your business isn’t directly coming from your website and/or from social media, that shouldn’t be your priority.
Recently during a VIP intensive day with a client, we were going through the activities she was doing each week to create new sales. One of her big ah-ha’s was when I pointed out that she hadn’t made an offer to her existing clients in some time. One of the easiest sales to make is a repeat sale. When’s the last time you put an offer out to your former or even existing clients?
Is It All About The Money?
Maybe some part of you feels uncomfortable talking about or even thinking about the money you’re earning in your business. That’s not uncommon. Although, when you’re not making any money, you have a hobby, not a business.
Generating revenue should be one of the main goals of your business. The more revenue you generate means you’re helping more people. It also allows you to focus on the areas that make the most sense and hopefully brings you the deepest sense of satisfaction.
Revenue Generating Activities
Do you know what types of activities tend to generate revenue for you? If so, make those activities a priority every week in your business. Do those first. In order to be sure they get done, block out time on your calendar.
Depending on your business, these activities may vary. However, here a few universal activities that most people can attribute revenue too:
- Follow-up: Who do you need to reach out to this week?
- Repeat business: Touch base with former clients to see if there’s anything new you can support them on.
- Samples: Give people who’ve yet to buy from you a sample of your service/product. It’s a great way to attract ideal clients. (Struggling to come up with a way to offer samples of your product/service, consider booking a session so we can strategize on how best to do this and make an offer.)
What’s one thing you’ll do this week to generate revenue in your business?
To download free Resources from Nikki: www.yoursalesmaven.com/maven