Does the thought of prospecting make you cringe? Listen, as Nikki shares her tips and strategies for prospecting, in a way that will make people want to do business with you. Nikki discusses three ways that she recommends warming up your prospects and is explaining how each one works and why this is so important and more on this episode of the Sales Maven Show.
Have you ever invested in a prospecting campaign, only to realize that if you were on the receiving end of said campaign, you wouldn’t buy? Nikki says that if you don’t like to be sold to in this way, why would anyone else. If it doesn’t pique your interest, you can bet that it will leave the people you are trying to connect with cold as well.
Nikki shares three ways to warm up prospects. One is to get someone you know, like, and trust to introduce you. This allows you to ride the coattails of the credibility and rapport that the person making the introduction already has with the contact. Another way is to name drop, but you have to do it with integrity. The third is to use a like-minded client approach to get doors to open to you.
Getting someone on the phone can be hard, so you must do it strategically and make sure that if someone shows interest, you have a follow-up appointment scheduled before you end the conversation. Every week Nikki shares her secrets for being successful at selling, and I promise you don’t want to miss an episode.
Nikki has more detailed free training about prospecting on her website. Click here if you are interested and remember space in the Masterclass on writing conversion email sequences is limited, so get your tickets now.
In This Episode:
- [00:43] Welcome to the show!
- [01:27] Nikki is excited to announce that in the first 15 episodes, there have been over 3300 downloads of the podcast in over 30 countries!
- [04:10] The most popular episode so far has been episode 9 – Protecting Your Sales Mindset.
- [05:05] Today’s episode is about prospecting, one of the least enjoyable sides of selling.
- [06:04] Nikki issues a challenge to the listeners about prospecting.
- [06:45] How successful are you at prospecting now?
- [07:00] As listeners, you can download training that Nikki has put together that she usually charges for, but you can get it for free at www.yoursalesmaven.com/maven.
- [07:40] Nikki shares a story about a client who invested money in a prospecting campaign.
- [08:38] Nikki speaks about three ways she recommends warming up your prospects.
- [08:52] One way is to ask someone to make an introduction on your behalf.
- [11:24] Nikki invites you to the next Masterclass on how to write conversion email sequences. If you are interested, click on the link above.
- [13:15] Another way is to name drop but do it with integrity, don’t drop the name of someone you don’t know.
- [14:56] The third way is to use like-minded clients to open the door during prospecting.
- [17:31] Nikki believes that you need to be strategic when you are trying to get someone on the phone.
- [18:02] One of the essential aspects of prospecting is dedicating time to prospecting.
- [20:31] Give yourself small bite-size chunks of time for prospecting.
- [20:58] Nikki says that when you get someone who shows interest, make sure you schedule the next follow up appointment before you end the conversation.
- [22:16] Go out and start prospecting using the three ways Nikki gave you to warm up leads.
- [22:33] If you would like some additional resources to visit, go to www.yoursalesmaven.com/maven.
- [22:49] Thank you so much for listening!
To download free Resources from Nikki: www.yoursalesmaven.com/maven