Do you know how to sell yourself and the value you bring? On this episode of the Sales Maven podcast, Nikki and her guest Janey Stahl, a virtual CFO, and a new Sales Maven Society member discuss how to best do this and when to share client stories. Janey needs Nikki’s help with what she should focus on during her discovery calls and her conversion rate.
Janey ask’s Nikki how much of her story she should share during a discovery call. Nikki believes that about 7 out of 10 people are more interested in the value you bring and how you can serve them. Nikki also talks to Janey about planting seeds about wins with other clients and how to talk to a client that believes their business differs greatly from others she has worked with.
More on Client Stories To Build Credibility:
Listen as Nikki helps Janey with language to close more sales while on the first call, and if that isn’t possible, what to say when you have the circle back call to discuss the proposal. Nikki also goes over the questions Janey asks before and during the discovery call and gives some suggestions on what can be tweaked to allow Janey to be more prepared during the call.
Janey shares some key benefits she has received from being a member of the Sales Maven Society: all the material and free training Nikki has in society and being able to get feedback on the language she uses in her business. She says she values the strong community and everyone’s diverse opinions and experience.
If you find value in this podcast and want to ignite your sales, you are invited to join the Sales Maven Society. This is an opportunity for you and Nikki to work together, you bring your questions, concerns, and sales issues, and she provides answers and guidance to boost your confidence. Join by going to www.salesmavensociety.com, click add to cart, and then checkout and use coupon code: 27trial to get your first month for only $27.00!
In This Episode: Client Stories To Build Credibility
- [01:07] Welcome to the show, Janey!
- [01:52] Janey shares her background and what she does.
- [04:15] Janey needs Nikki’s help with her conversion rate and what she should focus on during discovery calls.
- [07:07] Nikki believes that 7 out of 10 people are only interested in the value you bring and how you can serve them rather than your story.
- [08:32] During your pre-frame, let them know you are more than willing to tell them about your story, but you would like to start with some questions about their business.
- [10:09] Nikki likes to plant seeds about wins for clients because they end up future pacing.
- [11:16] Then, Nikki gives the language to use once you get permission for a proposal to plant seeds about other clients.
- [14:01] Nikki shares some language to use if your potential client thinks their business is so different from anyone else’s.
- [16:55] Janey tells Nikki some other things she says during her discovery call.
- [18:21] Next, Janey wants to know how to get people to say yes while on the call.
- [20:42] Nikki lets Janey know what to say once she has sent the proposal and they are on the circle back call.
- [21:59] Janey shares the two major objections she gets to what she is offering.
- [24:10] Janey speaks about her discovery calls and the questions she asks.
- [26:01] Nikki gives her insights into what she would change or add to the questions.
- [29:11] Nikki says she might want to ask what you already know about having a virtual CFO?
- [32:17] What has been one benefit of being a part of the Sales Maven Society?
- [35:42] Thank you for being on the show!
To download free Resources from Nikki: www.yoursalesmaven.com/maven
Ways To Work With Nikki:
- Private 1:1 Coaching: tailored specifically to you and your business (most popular)
- Sales Maven Society: sales training & direct access to Nikki in a membership platform
- Master Class: in-person and virtual workshops
- Strategy Session: 50 minute coaching session over Zoom
- Corporate Trainings: team trainings